New regulation continues to create uncertainty for Financial Institutions.
One sure fact is that the recent regulations have started to look beyond the standard business-related aspects of the banking industry and are now focusing on the overall aspects of how Technology supports the business.
For example, with the introduction of BCBS 239, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision has outlined 11 clear principals that the industry must follow in order to ensure effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting. Hence, reporting, data governance, big data and lineage are no longer just technology-related topics, they have become key compliance issues that are contributing to an escalation of IT budgets.
The regulatory requisites are a good opportunity for banks to seriously look into their legacy IT, data systems and operating models with the aim to deliver a modern IT infrastructure to raise above the challenges.
- Are you able to effectively validate your pricing methodology and benchmark the results as requested by the regulators?
- Are new regulatory requirements increasing your IT costs? Do you need to integrate your systems?
- How do you react to IT challenges without compromising your derivatives business?
- Do you need help controlling IT project costs on your derivatives business?
- Is data governance an issue? How can you best address data quality and traceability requirements from the regulators? Do you have a Target Operating Model?
- How do you address the operational risks in your IT?
The Solum Financial team can help you with all of these issues and more. Our services in this area include:
- Model validation, optimisation, development and implementation
- Translating your derivatives business needs into IT specifications
- IT Architecture, Optimal IT review, Target Operating Model
- Data governance, lineage and traceability
- Gap analysis, IT cost reduction project management
- Quantitative and Risk IT Managed services and consultancy
- Vendor rating and selection analysis